Business Application Administrator
The Business Application Administrator will support a new system initiative effort for Lombard International; Cognos Controller and TM1. Candidate will work with the Business leaders, IT team, and the vendor to support systems capabilities to enable the business to grow.
The Application Administrator is responsible for configuring and supporting applications and partnering with business application users. The Application Administrator is a point of contact and subject matter expert in all functional and operational aspects of at least one business software application, partners with the business to provide IT support for organizational initiatives or activities, and leads special projects. The Application Administrator also is responsible for mentoring and assisting less experienced Application Administrators or Specialists to resolve complex problems.
The Business Application Administrator (COGNOS) will design, write, code, test and analyze cube based applications; create reports and templates for planning. The successful Business Analytic Administrator candidate is capable of working on extremely complex applications/projects and has established him/herself as a functional expert in one or more business areas and a technical expert in a cube based technology. Beyond programming and software development, the Business Analytic Administrator candidate is also expected to perform detailed analysis and be capable of documenting business requirements and system impacts to ensure the successful delivery and support of Cognos Controller and TM1.
Furthermore, the successful Business Analytic Administrator candidate is capable of architecting cube based solutions that meet the needs of the business whilst conforming to established coding standards, following standard deployment and SDLC processes.
Application monitoring & enhancement. In this role the successful candidate will provide operational support to business, and develop and maintain the reporting for applications (40%).
Application support & maintenance.
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Coordinate release of configuration enhancements, program changes and software version releases’
- Work with Business to create test plans to verify logic of new or modified processes, reports, screens etc.
- Partners to diagnose and resolve complex software application issues escalated by other members of the software application team.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports global information system infrastructure applications or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Lead the support of Cognos applications. Perform maintenance with minimal direction. 40%
Change management & training.
- Configure and support complex software application issues experienced by end users promptly and professionally.
- Engages appropriate IT and business resources to resolve technical issues and support business processes while updating users on progress toward resolution.
- The candidate shall monitor the Cognos Controller and TM1 software application, document and analyze problems, and publish maintenance schedule.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- The candidate shall monitor, update, and maintain existing legacy environment software systems interfaces to ensure that the interfaces exchange data properly and to support the current legacy environment.
- Ensures that accurate and effective solutions are provided to end users and that end user support needs are met with a consistently high quality of service.
- Provides second level of technical support for all software components
- Provide Level 3 support for the application. Must be able to support 24 x 7 during critical periods during the financial year
Serve as a mentor and training resource to less experienced staff, providing an example with regard to quality of work. (20%)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications --through written documentation -- to management, peers, staff, and end users
- Provides advice and training to end-user
- Research new technologies and best practices. Advise and recommend changes to existing IT policies, procedures and strategy.
- Perform other various assigned project duties, as assigned.
- Four to six years system administration experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of business systems analytical experience, including the ability to flow chart processes.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.