Service Operations Specialist
The Service Operations Specialist is responsible for performing certain administrative and system functions associated with the daily administration of Corporate Owned and Bank Owned Life Insurance Policies.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Efficiently managing client requests and relationships with a strong focus on customer service.
- Effectively communicating client needs and timelines to appropriate internal and external parties.
- Supporting the client reporting process including reconciliation, quality control, and delivery.
- Supporting insurance processing cycles, providing reviews, fund estimates, fund notifications, and money movement instructions while demonstrating a solid understanding of insurance processing and product nuances.
- Processing client ordered transactions, fees and compensation in accordance with contractual agreements, department procedures, and controls.
- Demonstrating proficiency in using several in-house databases as well as demonstrating a significant understanding of the insurance administration system and downstream dependencies.
- Updating and maintaining client information with a strong attention to detail and an awareness of the complexities of relationships.
- Assisting in death claim administration using all documented procedures and controls.
- Participating in varied projects as a Service Operations representative.
- Must be a forward thinker with the ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and recommend plausible solutions.
- Must be capable of succeeding in a continual process improvement and changing environment.
- Must be a service-oriented and high energy team player with a demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-tasking setting.
- Must have an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication and troubleshooting skills; ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Strong administrative, organizational, data entry, and analytical skills.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in the insurance, financial services, or customer service industries.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.