Lombard International is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to be responsible for monitoring general and investment accounting practices and country monthly close process. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely country financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. The Accounting Manager will have contact with various levels of management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This role is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure, accounting related matters, including chart of accounts, banking, general ledger, fixed assets, debt and loan accounting, interest and expense allocations.
- Manage the international entities month and year-end close process; prepare and review of monthly journal entries and reconciliations including review of investment accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Support the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (blue & green books).
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controllers, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controllers to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Controllers with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Minimum 6- 8 years of progressive experience – prior private equity firm experience desirable.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and life insurance accounting and statutory reporting, and US insurance company regulatory-basis reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a high level of attention to details and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience with Cognos preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA license and public accounting firm experience required.
- MBA preferred.