Director of Marketing & Communications
Sales & Marketing
We have an exciting opportunity to join Lombard International, which is a leading life insurance-based wealth solutions provider to high net worth individuals, their families and institutions around the globe. Global assets under administration are in excess of USD 80 billion specializing in 20+ jurisdictions across the world.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, energetic, creative, ambitious and engaging marketing communications professional to drive our marketing and communications initiatives for our US business, in a fast paced, multi-cultural and rapidly growing private equity backed global financial services business.
The role will require excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to write for different channels, as well as attention to detail, flexibility, adaptability, and an ability to work autonomously. The candidate should be able to manage his/her own time, be a quick learner, organized and professional, with a good understanding of and an active interest in the media, news, and current affairs.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Developing a strategic and proactive approach to external and internal communications.
- Providing a proactive and reactive press office service for the US operations.
- Coordinating Public Relations activities in the US and organize press opportunities and meetings for US senior management.
- Working closely with the US sales team to develop an annual marketing plan for the US in order to develop the business and grow the brand.
- Working closely with the European Marketing & Communications team to implement the marketing strategy and tactics for the US business.
- Developing a proactive approach to marketing & communications – identifying new initiatives and/or opportunities to support the growth in new business in the US.
- Developing and writing engaging content for new initiatives and product launches.
- Developing compelling news and opinion-driven content and creative messaging to support building the brand and growing new business across all sales channels.
- Being a steward of the company’s reputation and brand.
- Developing and maintaining a clear understanding of Lombard International’s value propositions in the US covering marketing communications, market environment and competitive landscape.
- Building and managing effective relationships with the US Sales teams and European Marketing & Communications Team heads to implement the PR strategy, strengthen the online presence, integrate communication planning and reporting for marketing communications.
- Contributing, coordinating and/or writing content to support external communications (PR, newsletters, website, social media) and internal communications for each relevant audience and marketing channel.
- Developing and maintaining content for the US version of the company’s website in line with the legal and compliance requirements.
- Developing and managing the presence of the company on social media in close collaboration with the European digital & communications team and the Group’s editorial calendar.
- Coordinating and implementing digital marketing initiatives in the US, in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager based in Europe.
- Coordinating internal reviews and sign offs for all US marketing & communications initiatives (content, messaging, communications, marketing collaterals, imagery, adverts, videos and merchandising).
- Working in partnership with Human Resources in developing an engaging internal communications strategy, writing and contributing to internal publications and channels.
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in the design, coordinate and execution of marketing and PR campaigns.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams with the ability to manage teams remotely, to influence and take initiative.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage budget within defined limits.
- A team player with a creative and solutions-oriented mindset to problem-solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with web content management platforms and understanding of SEO techniques.
- Experience in social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- High IT literacy.
- Experience in managing b2b Financial Services media campaigns.
- Proven copywriting expertise.
- Sound decision maker and negotiator.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in a similar role within the financial services industry – wealth management, private banking or insurance would be very beneficial.
- The ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment and to deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Visio.